Our Code of Ethics
At Clear Intentions International, we believe each of our clients is the expert in his or her life and work. We believe that every client is creative, resourceful and complete. Standing on this foundation, it is our responsibility to:
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable for their actions
We embrace the International Coach Federation's (ICF) Code of Ethics and definition of coaching:
Professional Coaching is an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses or organizations. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
- Accurately and responsibly represent our level of coaching competence as it relates to the specific needs of the client.
- Not overstate our qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach. Obtain informed client permission before releasing their name as a client or reference, or using any other potentially identifying information.
- Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client information and have a clear agreement or contract before releasing information to others, unless required by law.
- Be attentive in noticing when a client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship and would be better served by another coach or resource, and promptly encourage our client to make that change.
- Seek to avoid conflict between our own and the interests of our clients. Should potential or actual conflict of interest arise, we promise to fully disclose it and openly discuss how to deal with it in a way that best serves our client.
- Not give our clients or any prospective clients information or advice that we know to be misleading or beyond our competence.
- Respect and honor others' efforts and contributions, including their creative and written work in developing our materials.
- Not work with clients for whom we cannot champion their growth.
- Have a written agreement with each client (See client agreement or statement of work).
- Continually sharpen our coaching and training abilities and to train, develop and educate ourselves as professionals.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter, Insights and Breakthroughs
Your source for inspiration, growth, and learning.
What are you waiting for?
Make the difference for you, your workforce and your business starting today! Contact us with your questions about our services or to book an introductory session.